Breast Augmentation – The Myths
Second only to Botox, breast augmentation surgeries have claimed the second position all over the world, in terms of both the number of surgeries conducted and as well as popularity of the procedure. The success of breast enhancement has indeed proved the importance of plastic surgeries at large as a lifestyle necessity. The breast enhancement surgeries and plastic surgeries are not considered as part of mainstream medical science, yet they are hugely successful. The disadvantage of this is in the rise of several myths regarding the various cosmetic surgeries. Breast augmentation procedures are no exception to this.
Five Myths Surrounding Breast Augmentation Surgery
- ‘Breast implants get ruptured extremely easily’ is one of the biggest myths regarding breast enhancement. There are of course some cases where it has ruptured, but these are considered as extremely rare occurrences. All breast implants are tested in labs to check whether they can withstand to all sorts of daily activities or not.
- Another myth is that implants require replacements within 5 to 10 years of the first breast augmentation surgery. It must be noted that after breast augmentation surgery, the replacement issue will never raise except when there is uncomfortableness or some other problem. In case of saline implants, the leakage problem may rise after a few years, although quite rarely, in which case a replacement becomes necessary.
- It is entirely untrue that those women who have breast augmentation surgeries cannot go for breast feeding. There are some extremely rare cases where breast feeding has become problematic. But a large number of women all over the world have been able to breast feed without any complications.
- Breast implants can help you correct the problem of sagging breasts. Dropping nipples and sagging of the breasts are problems that can come due to various reasons like heredity, old age, post pregnancy and this can never be resolved with breast enhancement procedures. In this case, breast lift surgeries or mastopexy surgeries are often required along with the breast enhancement surgeries.
- Going for silicone implant surgeries are most dangerous has been a hugely popular misconception. This is because silicone gel implant has not ben approved by the Food and Drug Administration department till 2006 and not all companies have got FDA approval for silicon breast implants. Today, silicone implants are generally the most effective and safer option. These got better than other gel implants especially after the introduction of cohesive silicone gel implants.